I was very pleasantly surprised to be selected by Smash of Smashing Through Life for my very first blog award – The Liebster! Although no ‘prize’ as such is given (unfortunately, haha!), it was a lovely thing to be thought of by Smash, and it’s great to know my readers are enjoying my blog!
The Liebster award is a recognition given to small bloggers by other small bloggers, and the rules for the awards are:
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
That’s easy enough. Thank you again to my friend at Smashing Through Life 🙂
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag backs for nominations (So bloggers I nominate can’t just renominate me).
So here are my answers to the questions that Smash asked me:
1. How do you take your eggs?
Scrambled…or eggs benedict!
2. What is the best concert you ever went to?
U2. Although I’m planning on going to Fleetwood Mac in December, and I have a feeling that may replace it!
3. What’s hiding under your bed right now?
Antique tins. This is strange, I know. I have to figure out a way to display them on the wall, but I’m yet to get around to it.
4. Worst book you ever read…maybe you couldn’t even finish it. What was it?
Fifty Shades Of Grey. So terrible that I couldn’t even get beyond the first chapter. I can’t believe anyone managed to finish that book!
5. How do you like your pizza topped?
Meat, meat and more meat. I could never be a vegetarian.
6. What’s the most outrageous thing you’ve ever eaten?
I tried kangaroo at a wild food stall somewhere one time. I didn’t feel good about eating it. “Tastes like chicken”, they told me. (It didn’t, for the record).
7. What is the most played song on your iPod?
Anything by Beyonce, because I like to dance 🙂
8. Would you or do you go to the movies alone?
I haven’t…but I probably would.
9. When was the last time you got so drunk you couldn’t remember anything the next morning?
Not since I was about 21!
10. Something that makes you smile, every time you think of it. What is it?
My wedding day in April 2009 🙂
11. What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
Deciding I’m going to go back to university in July, to study to become a teacher. Scares me a LOT but I really want to do it.
The 11 blogs I have chosen to nominate are:
1. Bunny. Eats. Design.
2. Crowns and Peacocks
3. I Just Want It To Be Perfect
4. I’m So Beautiful
5. Curly Miri
6. Coloured Windows
7. Austin Vivid Photography
8. The World According To Dina
9. Balmain Beauty
10. The Obsession Collection
And here are your questions to answer, my lovely nominees!
1. What do you look forward to the most, each week?
2. If you had to blog about another topic other than your chosen one, what would it be?
3. What’s your favourite holiday destination?
4. What scares you?
5. What website do you visit the most?
6. What’s your most treasured possession?
7. Who’s your most hated celebrity?
8. The room in your house with the best view out the window is…
9. The best advice you ever received was…
10. How many cups of coffee do you drink each day?
11. Are you a morning person?
And that’s that. Thanks again to Smash for nominating me for the Liebster Award 🙂